Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you how Liam Byrne MP’s office will collect and use your personal data.
Why does Liam Byrne MP need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to deal with casework for constituents and to keep residents updated about campaigns and local issues we need to collect personal data. We are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
The lawful basis for processing casework data has been identified as public interest.
In terms of being contacted for marketing purposes/campaigning Liam Byrne MP’s office would contact you for additional consent.
Will Liam Byrne MP’s office share my personal data with anyone else?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers in the course of dealing with you, such as local authorities, government agencies, public bodies, health trusts, regulators, and so on. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only for the purpose they were provided. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with our procedures. If we wish to pass your special categories of personal data to a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
Liam Byrne MP’s office contracts third parties to undertake work that involves our data: casework software maintenance, data entry, website hosting and maintenance, email management software and shredding. Our contractors are either EU based or based in countries deemed “adequate” by the EU for data protection terms. In all cases contractors and sub-contractors have signed contracts which guarantee that appropriate technical and organisational measures are in place to protect the data.
Personal Data and the website of Liam Byrne MP
To turn off cookies in your browser please consult this resource https://www.wikihow.com/Disable-Cookies
A full list of cookies used in the Winter of Compassion campaign can be found here: https://liambyrne.co.uk/winter-of-compassion-cookie-review/
How will Liam Byrne MP’s office use the personal data it collects about me?
Liam Byrne MP’s office will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. Liam Byrne MP’s office is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual needs.
Under what circumstances will LIAM BYRNE MP’s office contact me?
In order to process casework it may be necessary to contact you in order to get further information from you or to feedback any responses we receive.
If you have provided consent to be contacted about local campaigns and news we will contact you when required. You will always have the option of withdrawing consent.
Can I find out the personal data that the LIAM BYRNE MP’s office holds about me?
At your request, LIAM BYRNE MP’s office can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If LIAM BYRNE MP’s office does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Our identity and the contact details.
- Contact details of the data protection officer.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of LIAM BYRNE MP’s office or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
Contact the data controller LIAM BYRNE MP by using the details listed below.
What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access this?
LIAM BYRNE MP’s office accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested: passport or driving licence.
Contact details of the Data Controller
|Contact Name:||LIAM BYRNE MP|
|Address line 1:||House of Commons|
|Address line 2:||London|
|Address line 3:||SW1A 0AA|
|Address line 4:|
|Address line 5:|
|Telephone:||0121 708 2412|
The details for each of these contacts are:
|Supervisory authority contact details||Data protection controller|
|Contact Name:||Information Commissioner’s Office||LIAM BYRNE MP|
|Address line 1:||Wycliffe House||House of Commons|
|Address line 2:||Water Lane||London|
|Address line 3:||Wilmslow||SW1A 0AA|
|Address line 4:||SK9 5AF|
|Telephone:||01625 545 745||0121 708 2412|