I wanted to share a few photos from an exciting event which we held this afternoon here in the House of Commons.
We brought together Birmingham business leaders, academics and politicians with a group of Chinese investors to make the case for further Chinese investment in Birmingham.
The West Midlands is already a centre for Chinese investment – it’s the only region in the UK with an export surplus to China. But we want to build upon that success.
The event was covered by the Birmingham Post here and by ITV news here.
I chaired the proceedings and we had presentations from a stellar cast of speakers, you can access their presentations below:
- Jack Dromey MP for Birmingham Erdington
- Richard Burden MP for Birmingham Northfield
- Professor Sir David Eastwood, Vice-Chancellor, Birmingham University
You can read Sir David’s speech here
- Neil Rami, Chief Executive, Marketing Birmingham
You can see Neil’s presentation here
- Tim Pile, President, Birmingham Chamber of Commerce
- James HunterJohnston, Marketing Manager, NVC Lighting
You can see James’ presentation here