I wanted to share a few photos from an exciting event which we held this afternoon here in the House of Commons.
We brought together Manchester business leaders, academics and politicians with a group of Chinese investors to make the case for further Chinese investment in Manchester.
I chaired the proceedings and we had presentations from a stellar cast of speakers,
– Lucy Powell MP for Manchester Central
– Mike Kane MP for Wythenshawe and Sale East
– Mike Emmerich, Chief Economic Adviser to Greater Manchester Combined Authority
– Tim Newns, Chief Executive MIDAS
– Clive Memmott, Chief Executive, Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce
– Lau Yew Cheong, Executive Director, Beijing Construction Engineering Group (BCEG)
– Rt Hon Hazel Blears MP Salford and Eccles
The event was covered by UKJS, a link to the article can be found here.